Found In: Social Networks
Badoo is a social networking site which was started in 2006 and currently has in excess of 136 million members. Badoo is successful because it sets the stage for its members to participate in as little or as much as they want to. Badoo has members in 180 countries on all seven continents and is available in 39 languages.
Badoo is a community of interesting people from all over the world with whom you can make friends, chat, share photos and videos, share experiences online and even get to meet if you want. Basic services, which are extensive, are free. There are also premium paid services which come packaged as Rise Up, Spotlight, and Super Powers.
How do I register on Badoo?
Registering on Badoo is a simple process. All you have to do is click on the Become a member link, or go the Badoo website, click on the link on the right-hand side and follow the prompts.
- It takes approximately 25 seconds to sign up and register as a member.
- You will receive an e-mail to confirm your registration
How do I Complete My Profile?
You will be given the option to complete a profile when you register and should complete it as fully as possible in order to enhance your chances of meeting people who you will connect with.
- You can set your privacy settings so that “Any user” or “Only Badoo members” can see it.
- You can change information on your profile at any stage by clicking on “Your Profile” and clicking “Edit” next to the section of your profile that you want to change. Once you’ve completed your changes click “Save”
- You can send your friends your profile link, which can be found on the left side of your profile page so that they can easily find you on Badoo
- You can change your name on Badoo by clicking on the “Edit” link for the “Basic” section in your profile, entering a new name and clicking the “Save changes” button.
How do I Log in to Badoo?
You need to go to the Badoo website and click the “sign in” link at the top right-hand side of the main page.
- You will need to log in each time you want to use the site, and log out when you are finished for your own security.
- Your login is the email address you used when registering.
- Enter your e-mail address and password then click the “Let me in!” button.
How do I Start Using Badoo?
When you log in to Badoo you will automatically be presented with a list of people who live in your area, as designated by you in your profile when you registered.
You can search for people in various ways:
- Find new people – this allows for you to search for people based on age, gender, location and whether they have a photo displayed or not.
- Online Users – this will filter your search to bring up only users that are currently online
- New members – your search will be filtered to show only recently registered members
Once you have found someone with whom you wish to communicate you can send them a message or add them to your friends by clicking the “Add to Friends” link
To send a message to someone you can click the “Write a message” link on his or her profile, which will open the Badoo messenger. Type your message and press enter.
When you receive a message you will receive a message notification in the form of a message bubble which will appear near the top of the page. You can click on “Messages” to see who has sent you a message or on the bubble to open the Badoo messenger to read your messages
When you write a message to another user or receive one from them they are automatically added to your New Faces folder for 30 days; you can move them to another folder or leave them there to be removed after the 30 days expires. These folders can be accessed from your Messages page
You can create various folders for your contacts by clicking “Create new folder” on the Messages page, and move them around if you want to by clicking the “Manage contact” option next to their photo and clicking on the folder to which you wish to move them.
Once you write a message to somebody a link to their profile and your conversation with them will appear on the “Messages” page in the New Faces folder.
You can check to see if the person you want to talk to is online by looking on their profile where the text “Online now!” will appear; their name will also be highlighted in green on your contact list if they are on it.
You can edit who can send you messages by editing the settings in your Privacy section.
You can also block anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable by moving them to your “Blocked” folder, and you can report abuse by clicking on the “Report abuse” link on the user’s profile
Your Albums section is where you can create various files or albums for you r multimedia such as photos, videos and text
- The album feature allows you to write about events in your life, add videos or photos, and share the albums
- You can upload a maximum of 50 photos and videos per album, but you can create an unlimited number of albums
- You can control access to your albums by clicking “edit” in the album that you want to limit access to and selecting Public or Private. You can do the same for comments on your albums.
- Whatever you do in your albums, remember to “save changes” before exiting
What are the Premium Membership Options?
Apart from the free membership, Badoo offers premium membership options to those who want to make more use of all the available possibilities. These paid membership options are geared to increasing the member’s chances of connecting to the right kind of people that they would wish to connect to.
Spotlight and Rise Up Premium Features
Spotlight and Rise Up are about being seen by as many people as possible in your geographical area and making you stand out from the crowd
- Rise Up instantly puts your profile at the top of the search results for your geographical region
- With Spotlight, your photo and brief profile info will appear at the top of every main Badoo page within your geographical area
- Both of these packages mean more messages, more profile views and will attract more attention.
- Both of these packages can be accessed via a low once-off payment which can be made via PayPal, mobile phone services or most major credit cards
The Super Powers premium package
Super Powers are a group of powerful individual features, all of which allow you to gain more control and access more information about other members
- Super Powers are focused on making your long-term participation on Badoo the best and most satisfying it can be