How to use pinboards on Pinterest
Found In: Social Networks
One of the main functions of Pinterest is to allow you to create pinboards on topics that you like. There are a few easy steps that you can follow in order to achieve this.
- Type the tiles of pinboards that you would like to create into the given fields. Pinterest will generate a list of pinboard titles that they think you will be interested in. Feel free to make use of those pinboard ideas, r to enter some of your own ideas.
- A good way to start choosing pinboards is to click on the names of people you are following and to find out what kind of pinboards they have going on. You may get some really good ideas by doing this. The people you follow depend on the interests that you indicated when you were getting started, so you are likely to find that the people you are following have a lot in common with you and therefore a lot of pinboards that you may be interested in.
- You don’t have to stick just to the pinboards of the people who you are following. There is a search bar at the top of the page, and if you click in this bar you will be able to type in a query/ press “Enter”. Click on “boards” at the top of the page and find any topics you are interested in. When you do, click “Follow”.
- To repin a pinboard form another person’s page, role your mouse over the board and click on the “repin” option. You will then have to decide if your repin exists on an existing board or of you need to create a new one for it. The all you have to do is write a description about the pin and click “Pin it”.
- If you like a pin, but you don’t want to repin it, roll your mouse over the pin and click on “like”.
- If you want to know whether or not people like your pins, go to your profile by clicking on your name in the top right corner. At the top of your profile page is an option called “likes”. Click on that to see if people have been liking your pins or not.