How Do I Create MySpace Account?
Found In: Social Networks
MySpace is a popular social networking site which predates other sites such as Facebook and Google Plus. It is an interactive site which offers the user the ability to blog, upload photos, create personal profiles, and showcase music and videos. It does not cost anything to set up a page on MySpace, and it is easy to create one even if you are new to the internet and know nothing about creating websites. By following these easy instructions you will have a site up in a matter of minutes and can also join the wonderful world of social networking.
Creating a MySpace account is one of the simplest things to do:
- Go to www.myspace.com and look for the yellow Sign up free notification or the Sign Up notification in the top left-hand corner of the navigation bar on any MySpace page.
- Select the Account Type you want:
- Personal – A personal account is an account that you can use to communicate with online friends, browse other sites, upload photos and videos and create a music playlist.
- Comedian – If you are a comedian you can define yourself as such and use the site to promote your business by networking, browsing other sites, Referring fans to your page and doing everything else that you can do on a personal profile.
- Filmmaker – Use your page to define yourself and create a following by uploading videos of your work, networking with other and doing everything else that you can do on a personal profile.
- Musician – MySpace is great for musicians because it allows the same features that you will find on a personal profile but also adds specific tools for artists such as the ability to upload your own music.
- Fill in all the fields that ask for your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Date of Birth, Password, and Gender. Remember to use a password that is strong as this is important for your security; do not use the same password that you use elsewhere; make a note of the password.
- You can either complete the basic profile information and upload a profile picture now or choose to do that later.
- You can also skip all of the above steps and sign in to MySpace using your Facebook account, directly from Facebook, and all the information on your Facebook profile will be duplicated in your MySpace account, including the same password and email address. Once this account is set up you will be prompted to create a new password for MySpace.
- Every time you use MySpace you will have to log in using your password, and should log out when exiting so that nobody else can get into your site.
How to Upload Photos
Uploading photos is very simple and is good to do because it makes your site interesting and gives others a chance to see what you like. You can upload photos you have taken yourself or pictures that you have found on the internet which are not copyrighted.
- Log in to your account and look for the My Stuff or Artist in the top navigation bar and select Upload Photos under the Media link.
- Select Upload Photos to upload a picture from your computer, Upload via Webcam or Upload by email, depending on what you want to upload.
- Select the album in which you want to store the photo or create a new album by following the links.
- Follow all the prompts that you will be given such as adding the date, tags, location and captions.
- Make sure that any photos you upload conform to the MySpace terms of service regarding obscenity, violence, nudity or racism, and copyright infringement.
How to Create a Playlist
You can create a playlist of music that you enjoy on your MySpace page for your friends to listen to when they visit:
- Log in to your account if you are not already on your page; find the My Stuff or Artist link in the top navigation bar and select Playlists.
- To create a new playlist, click Add New Playlist on the left-hand side of the playlists section or drag a song to the Add New Playlist link and a new playlist will automatically be created with the song you have just selected.
- Give your playlist a name
- Use the search-box to find music by searching by song, artist name, or album.
- You can click the “Play” icon to listen to the number to see if you like it or just click or drag it to an existing or new playlist.
- New playlists will show on your profile by default
Important Information and Tips
There are always important factors that you should bear in mind whenever using the internet and the following are just a few pointers to keep you surfing and keep you safe:
Applications & Games
- Whenever you use a MySpace application or a game, your friend’s list, your Basic Profile Information and the Basic Profile Information of your friends, excluding age and gender, is shared with that application.
- Apps will also have access to content that you have made available to “Anyone.”
- If you do not want anything other than your Basic Profile Information being shared with apps that your friends have but you have not added, you should block all apps that you have not added yourself.
Profile Privacy Settings
- The default setting for individuals over 18 years of age is set to “Anyone”, which means that your Profile Content can be seen by anyone.
- Setting your Profile Content to “Only my friends” means that only those who you have on your friends list can see all your information. This is the default setting for new users under 18 years of age.
Individual Privacy Settings
- Events and Playlists – you can set privacy settings so that only your friends can see them or allow anyone to see them.
- Stream Privacy – your profile privacy setting controls who can see your stream, but you can manage what is shown in your stream in your stream settings.
- Photo Albums, Videos, and Blogs – these items all have their own per item privacy settings which you can choose when uploading content and can change at any time.
As with anything else you do on the internet, the watchword is “security” so make sure that you do not give your password to anyone, and be aware that identity theft is rife on the internet so be safe! Enjoy your MySpace page and remember, that is exactly what it is, Your Space, so make it yours by choosing a theme that suits you and your personality and anything else that defines you, as long as it is within the rules.