Getting started with Pinterest
Found In: Social Networks
There are some very easy steps that you can follow if you want to get involved with Pinterest.
- The first step is to visit http://pinterest.com/, the homepage of Pinterest. If you are unable to click on the link to access the website, simply copy and paste it into your URL and press Enter.
- If you have an account, the “Sign in”. If you don’t have an account you will have to “Request an invite” on the homepage. This is found next to the “Sign in” option and is bright red so you shouldn’t miss it.
- You will be prompted to enter your email address. Enter it and then check your email over the next day or so. Soon you should receive a confirmation email from the website.
- Once you have done this you will receive an email notification at the email address that you specified during the sign up process. Click on this link. If you are unable to click on the link simply copy and paste it into the URL.
- When you click on this link you will be taken to a login page. You can login using Facebook or Twitter. At this point you will need to create a password to be associated with your account. Remember that the password you choose should be something that is easy for you to remember. At the same time it should also be something that other people will not easily be able to guess. Think about this carefully.
- This will bring up a bunch of images. Look through them to find the ones that appeal to you. Click on the ones that you think are interesting. Select them. Once you have finished selecting all of the appealing items, click on “Follow people”. This will allow you to start using Pinterest properly.
- You will then automatically start following people who Pinterest thinks that you will like. Look through them. Remember that if you don’t approve of some of the ‘matches’ that Pinterest makes for you, you can always opt to unfollow certain people at a later stage.