Everything You Need to Know About Zoho Mail
Found In: Email
Zoho is an email hosting service that is great for businesses. According to their website, with Zoho you will be able to “manage your work efficiently with a complete Task manager, keep track of events & meetings with shared Calendars, easily store & maintain information about your contacts, keep your inbox organized with multi-level folders & filters, use labels & flags to easily find messages, maintain a clean inbox with advanced archive options, experience the power of Ads-free, clean email interface, store common responses as email templates and save time, and see the history of an email exchange with conversation view”.
The main features of Zoho are:
The advantages for Mail Admins:
- Multiple Domains
- Extensive Control Panel
- Unlimited Aliases & Groups
- Email Policies
- Easy Migration
The advantages for Mail Users:
- Powerful Search & Filters
- Folders & Labels
- Instant Chat
- Calendar, Tasks & Notes
- Multiple Email Accounts
Email accounts from Zoho Mail have the following features:
- Unified interface
- Dynamic ‘From’ addresses
- Customized account personalities
The following aspects will make your mail easy to organise:
- Familiar Interface
- Multi-level Folders
- Drag and Drop
- Rules and Filters
- Mass Selection
- Filtered Views
- Threaded View
- Tabbed Views
Creating a Zoho account
There are a few basic steps you can follow if you want to create a Zoho Mail account:
- The first step is to visit http://www.zoho.com/mail/, the homepage of Zoho Mail. If you are unable to click on the link to access the website, simply copy and paste it into your URL and press Enter.
- All over the page you will see red buttons that say “Get Started” and there is a link highlighted in blue hat says “Get started with 3 free users”. Click on any one of these links to continue with the sign up process.
- Next you will have to choose which package you would like from Zoho mail. You have three options. All three plans include IMAP/POP access from desktop email clients, anti-spam & Anti-virus protection, optimized web interface for mobile / portable devices, and POP access to external email accounts within Zoho Mail. However, after that they differ quite a bit. The first plan is the Standard 10 GB and comes at a cost of $2.50 per user per month or $24 per user per year. You can also get a free trail if you would like to test the Zoho Mail system out first. With this plan you will be able to host multiple domains, have more users and more groups, get 10 GB of mail storage per user, and have access to email and phone support. The second plan is Standard 15 GB. This comes at a price of $3.50 per user per month or $36 per user per year. With this plan you will be able to host multiple domains, have more users and more groups, get 15GB of mail storage per user, have access to email and phone support, and get push Mail and mobile Sync. The last plan is the Lite plan which is free but can only take up to three users. With this plan you will be able to host 1 domain only, manage 3 groups, get 5GB mail of storage per user, and have access to email support only. Choose your plan and click on it. Underneath this there is the option to sign up for a free personal account. We will assume that for now you have chosen the free Lite plan.
- You will then have to specify a domain for your Zoho account in the next window. Once you have added a domain you will be taken to a sign up form that you will need to fill in.
- If you want to skip all of this, simply go to https://accounts.zoho.com/register. If you are unable to click on the link to access the website, simply copy and paste it into your URL and press Enter.
- Fill in an email address. Your email address is needed so that the verification email can be sent to you and so that you will be able to access your account if you ever forget your password.
- Choose and confirm the password you would like to use with your Zoho Mail account. Remember that the password you choose should be something that is easy for you to remember. At the same time it should also be something that other people will not easily be able to guess. Think about this carefully.
- You will then have to prove that you are human by completing the security verification section. This simply involves typing in the words that are shown to you on the screen. If you cannot see them you will have the option of generating new word and trying again.
- Agree to the terms of service, indicate whether or not you want the news letter, and then click on Sign Up.
- Once you have done this you will receive an email notification at the email address that you specified during the sign up process. Click on this link. If you are unable to click on the link simply copy and paste it into the URL.
- Your sign up is complete. Login to Zoho Mail to request an API key.
Zoho Mail is easy to use and it will make the mailing system at your business or n your personal life just so much easier. Here is no obligation to pay and as this is a pay-as-you=go service you will be able to cancel at any time. Even the more advanced plans come with free trials so you really will be able to test the water before committing to a Zoho Mail account or not. Many businesses have used Zoho Mail successfully and it is time for you to join them. If you have been looking for a mail service for your company that is of good quality and that is relaible, look no further. It can’t hurt to sign up, so why not give it a try today?