How to get started with YouTube
Everyone knows about YouTube. It is one of the most popular ways of sharing music and videos online, and if you are not aware of this internet phenomenon, then it is about time that you caught up. There are some very basic steps you can follow if you want to get started with using YouTube. Once you have read this article you should have no problem using this dynamic internet resource at all.
- The first step is to open the YouTube website. You can do this by typing www.youtube.com into your URL or by simply typing YouTube into your search engine. The first option that your search engine returns will be the correct one.
- After you have accessed the website, create an account for yourself. This can be done by clicking on the “signup” option. Remember that YouTube is a Google service so if you already have a Gmail account then you already have a YouTube account as well. These accounts are free, and it a good idea to get an account with YouTube. Your account will remember your favorite videos as well as save your ratings.
- There are many different categories for you to choose from when looking for movies and videos on YouTube. Look through the options and find the ones that best suit you. You can also type the specific title and artist that you are looking for into the search bar offered on the YouTube site and the site will find that video for you. If you want to see trailers and sneak peeks of new movies, click on “Promoted Videos”. The options are endless!
- You will also be able to create a YouTube playlist. A playlist is a list of items that are listed in the order that you would like them to be played in. this is very useful if you want to keep the videos going while you do other things in the room. You will not have to keep getting up to specify the next item that you would like the system to play. Your playlists will also be remembered on your account so you will be able to play them again and again. To create a playlist you will need to click on the downwards facing arrow that is next to the “Save for Later” button that appears on the video. A drop down menu will appear and you will be able to select the “create new playlist” option form the menu. Give the playlist a name. Once you have created the playlist, you should click on the downward facing arrow again the next time you want to add an item to that playlist. With this function you will be able to create multiple different playlists featuring your favorite YouTube content and you will be able to watch and listen to these playlists over and over again.
- You also have the option to upload your own videos to the YouTube site. To do this you will need to click on the “Upload” link on the main page of the YouTube site. Once you have clicked this you will be prompted to provide your login information. This is the information that you would have specified when you first created your account. You will then have the option to search your computer for the relevant video and upload it. Remember to include a title for the video so that people will be able to find the video easily online. You should also provide a description of the video. Before you upload a video it may be in your best interests to make sure that you do in fact have the right to upload that particular video and that you will not get into any trouble for doing so. Let people who you think may be interested in the video know that it is on YouTube so that it stats getting views. You may want to share it on Facebook and other pages in order to generate interest.
- When you watch videos you will be able to give your opinion about how you felt about them. There is a star system for this purpose. Once you have watched a video, you can simply click on the number of stars you think the video should get. One star is very bad while five stars are very good. Videos that have received high ratings from many viewers will appear in the “Top Rated” section, which you may want to consider browsing if you are looking for something to watch. There is also a bar system that should appear under the number of views that the video gets. This system will indicate what percentage of viewers gave the video bad reviews (in red) and what percentage gave the video good reviews (in green). This will give you an easy, one glance idea of what the general opinion about the video is.
- If you are interested in giving your input about the new features that YouTube is thinking of launching then you should access the Test Tube area of the YouTube site. YouTube is all about public opinion in everything that they do. At the Test Tube section you will have the opportunity to play around with any of the new features that they are currently considering and give feedback about them. If you are someone who likes to complain when organizations like YouTube make changes then you should definitely check out Test Tube. If you don’t give your input, then you have no right to complain in the first place.
YouTube is one of the easiest online systems to use, and, because it is so popular, there will be plenty of people around who will be able to give you advice on how to get started with the system. It is the best and easiest way to share videos that you have made or like and to have access to the most popular media out there. You will also be able to watch movies and have a few laughs at the crazy antics of some people. Using YouTube has practically become a life necessity. Don’t get left behind.