Monitor What People Are Saying About Your Brand on Social Web With Mention
Found In: Social Networks
The wired world is our reality today and there is very little choice but to adapt to it as well as its nuances. This reality is even more striking for brands that have to make the leap from being on the pages of newspapers and electronic media such as radio and television to being mentioned in widely dispersed media over which they have very little or no control at all. Today, the internet provides a massive platform on which anyone, anywhere can say anything and get responses from people all over the world at anytime. This poses a major challenge for brands who have a reputation to protect and maintain. They must now monitor conversations from multiple sources and analyze those conversations for context to determine their response and reaction. It is indeed a daunting task which is otherwise impossible or achievable only on a small scale except a powerful tool exists to enable enterprises to effectively monitor conversations involving them all over the web.
One such tool is Mention, an online platform that allows enterprises to listen to what is being said about their brands on the social web as well as the internet in general. Mention enables enterprises to react swiftly to situations that require immediate action as well as collaborate where necessary. In effect, Mention is the platform that allows enterprises stay in the know about what is being said and where, about their brands online. Mention is currently being used by more than 150,000 companies who vouch for its efficacy. Clients also rely on the platform to stay abreast by knowing what people are saying about them on the web with keen analyses of their online presence.
How to Sign Up to Use Mention
It is easy to start using Mention. The platform places a lot of importance on its simplified sign-up process and its requirements are minimal. In order to sign up to use the service, simply navigate to the homepage and click on the ‘Sign Up’ button located at the top left side of the page. This will take you to the ‘Sign-Up’ page where you will be presented with a form in two parts; one for required information and the second with optional information. These details are as follows:
- Full Name
- Company Name
- Phone Number
- Company Size
The company information is optional and as such, you may choose not to provide it without any detriment to your use of the platform. After filling out the details, complete the process by clicking on the ‘Sign Up’ button beneath the form. Mention also allows you to sign up using your social media accounts. These include Facebook, Twitter, Google and OpenID.
Costs of Using Mention
Mention makes it very easy for you to assess its system before making any commitment. While it has a range of subscription packages, it also has a FREE plan that allows you to test-drive the platform without any strings attached. You also do not have to worry about entering your credit card details as it is not a requirement. The free trial lasts for 14 days. However, when you make the decision to subscribe to Mention, you will have to make a choice between the following plans:
- Premium: This package costs 9.90 Euros per Month. It allows for one user and two alerts (the keyword(s) associated with your company which will be monitored on the web) as well as 500 mentions (the results, which could be tweets, webpages, articles, etc mentioning your keywords) monthly.
- Business: This package costs 29.90 Euros per Month. It allows for one user, with an increment of 20 Euros for each additional user. It also allows for ten alerts (the keyword(s) associated with your company which will be monitored on the web) as well as 100,000 mentions (the results, which could be tweets, webpages, articles, etc mentioning your keywords) monthly. In addition, this package has advanced and collaborative features. Advanced features include unlimited history, high-level mention filtering, statistical visualization as well as reports generation and data export. Collaborative features include Alert sharing with team members, team progress tracking, user addition and access control as well as task sharing.
- Custom: Premium: There is no price tag on this package as it meant for enterprises who desire a customized solution based on their peculiar needs. If your enterprise needs more users, alerts, mentions and API access, this is the right package.
Benefits of Mention
Mention offers users tremendous benefits when they use its powerful platform. Some of these benefits include the following:
- Realtime Monitoring: Mention enables enterprises monitor millions of sources across the length and breadth of the internet and on diverse platforms including social media channels, forums, blogs, news-sites etc. It also has the ability to track mentions in 42 languages.
- Swift Reaction: Mention allows you to connect your social media accounts to your alerts. This makes it very easy to performs social sharing tasks such as ‘Liking’ on Facebook, ‘Retweeting’ on Twitter etc.
- Statistical Analysis and Data Export: Mention makes it possible for you to view your mentions using various filters such as language, source, location, timeframe etc. Mentions reports export is available in various formats including PDF, CSV, XLS as well as TSV. Statistical reports may also be exported in PDF.
- Smart and Swift Teamwork: By incorporating team-oriented features, Mention enables Users to easily assign tasks for more efficient output. Alerts can be shared and tasks may be more easily assigned while all assigned tasks are easily monitored by a supervisor.
- Cross-Platform Availability: Mention is available for users anywhere and anytime, using any device. The interface remains the same for all platforms. Whether you are using an iPad, iPhone, iOs, Mac OS X, Linux, Chrome, Windows or Android, you will enjoy the same interface and performance.
- Realtime Alerts: Mention provides push notifications to alert users and regular updates via email digests sent daily and weekly.