JumpStart: What Is It and How Is It Used?
Found In: Games
JumpStart is basically a magical world where kids can go to have fun. It is perfectly safe and many parents trust this website. It is a system for kids ranging in age from about 3 to 12 and offers a variety of games and adventures for them to take part in. However, unlike many other gaming sites for children, JumpStart also has a very keen focus on education. It encourages your kids’ critical thinking, math and reading skills in a way that is fun and guaranteed to make them learn. Register online and install the 3D engine to get started.
Signing up with JumpStart: How do I get started?
The first thing that you will have to do is to sign up with JumpStart. This is a quick and easy process done by parents on their own behalves and on the behalf of their children. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Firstly you will have to go to the JumpStart website. This can be found at www.jumpstart.com. If you are unable to click on the link to access the website, simply copy and paste it into your URL and press Enter. This will take you to the JumpStart homepage.
- At the top right hand corner of the screen are two options, namely “Login” and “Register”. Click on the “Register” option.
- If you want to skip the homepage, go straight to http://www.jumpstart.com/. If you are unable to click on the link to access the website, simply copy and paste it into your URL and press Enter.
- Whichever route you choose you will land up at the registration form that you will have to fill in.
- Parent Information: the first section that you will have to fill in is ‘Parent Information’. You will have to fill in your name, your date of birth, a valid email address, and the password that you would like to use for your account. You will also need to indicate whether or not you want to receive emails from JumpStart (recommended). Your email address is needed so that the verification email can be sent to you and so that you will be able to access your account if you ever forget your password. Remember that the password you choose should be something that is easy for you to remember. At the same time it should also be something that other people will not easily be able to guess. Think about this carefully.
- Child Information: You will then have to fill in some information about your child. The only required field is the nickname under which your child will play. This is important so that you can find and load any games that they have played in the past and that they would like to continue with. If you give your child’s birthday they will be able to celebrate their birthday in the game, but this is not a required field on the registration form. You can also choose whether or not to indicate the gender of your child.
- All of the information that you specify will be kept private. You are in no danger of any of this information reaching the eyes and ears of others.
I’ve already signed up. How do I login to my JumpStart account?
Logins should be done by parents as they have the username (the email specified during the sign up process) and the password. To do this, go to www.jumpstart.com and select the “Login” option. Or you can go straight to https://www.jumpstart.com/MyAccount/Login.aspx if you want to bypass the homepage. Then simply fill in your email address and password, or sign in using Facebook.
Selecting a Membership package: The options and prices – Which one is best for you?
Registration is free but there is a cost to allowing your child to have an account with JumpStart. However, this is quite affordable. There are three options you can choose from:
- With a Monthly membership you will be required to pay $3.99 each month in order to allow your child to play. This may be the best thing to do initially when you are testing out the system and your child’s interest in it.
- You can also pay an Annual fee of $29.99.
- For a Lifetime Membership, pay the cost of $59.99 ONCE-OFF.
A membership with JumpStart will include several things. For one thing you will have access to the jumpstart.com website, as well as a game called and four downloadable games.
Safety of JumpStart: Will my child be safe on this system?
A question many parents ask is whether or not JumpStart is safe. Well, to put your mind at ease, it is absolutely safe and trusted by many parents. Some of the ways in which JumpStart ensures safety are:
- parental controls
- canned chat
- pre-programmed names
You, as the parent, will also have access to Piggyback, and application that will allow you to monitor your child’s safety and progress on JumpStart.
So, just to clarify, signing up with JumpStart is affordable and it is safe. On top of that it is quick and easy to do, so you won’t have to worry about taking long to get your child out of your hair. On top of that, JumpStart is not just a place for children to have fun, but also one where they can earn through interactive games. The monthly rats are very cheap, so it may be worth your while to sign up for a monthly membership and let your child try it out. Once they have decided whether or not they like it, you will have the freedom to decide whether you want to get a yearly membership or a lifetime membership. If your child does seem interested in the system (which is highly unlikely) you can always choose not to continue using JumpStart. There is very little to lose by introducing your child or children to this magical and interactive world. Give it a try today.