Manage Your Social Media Accounts With HootSuite
Found In: Social Networks
Social is one of the new buzzwords on the internet. The concept of social however, goes beyond bringing together friends and family members. The contemporary online social environment is rather demanding and with the proliferation of social media channels, most internet users are registering on one channel or the other. However, most people have profiles created on more than one social media channel and in this case, they have to switch between platforms in order to access their accounts and engage friends, family and other users. This is a very cumbersome and time-consuming process considering the fact that each platform has its own protocols. Additionally, there are different conversations going on via each platform that require monitoring and responses. Again, this poses a massive challenge to social media enthusiasts who do not wish to miss out on a single conversation or opportunity simply because they failed to log into a particular platform at a specific time.
The foregoing applies mainly to people using social media for personal use but then, small and medium-sized businesses also use social media networks to engage customers and prospects. They are thus also in need of a viable means of aggregating their social media networks on a single location that makes it easy to track conversations, participate and even measure using social metrics. One of the pioneers in this space and a dominant provider is HootSuite. While it is tempting to refer to HootSuite as a company that simply provides a platform for managing multiple social networks, it is certainly more than that. HootSuite realizes that organizations thrive on collaboration and that it is an essential ingredient for igniting innovation thus HootSuite products are focused on collaboration. The products suite have terrific features which allow users to manage multiple social media networks seamlessly and efficiently, set up tweets and messages to follow a predetermined schedule, track mentions of brands on the social networks as well as carry out analysis of social media traffic.
HootSuite packs a lot of exciting products and features that combine to make social media usage very productive and exciting. The social network with which HootSuite may be used includes the following: Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Yelp, YouTube and Facebook among others. A few HootSuite products that have become the benchmark for social media experience include:
- Hootlet: This is a HootSuite Google Chrome extension which can easily be installed by dragging the Hootlet bookmarklet from the page directly onto the Chrome toolbar. This widget allows you to share your content to your various social media accounts very easily. You can post to more than one network with just one click, schedule your posts and even find targeted content.
- HootSuite Mobile: This is the mobile app designed to optimize the HootSuite social experience on mobile devices using the iOS and Android platforms. This app can track your shared content, manage user accounts and message scheduling on multiple networks, geolocate posts and track specific conversations among others.
- UberVU via HootSuite: This is an enterprise-grade product that enables organizations to track the mentions of their brands across the social web. It enables organizations to distill data from more than 100 million sources globally and in over 50 languages. It also provides insights using key social metrics.
Signing Up to Use HootSuite
As a social platform, HootSuite is emphatic about the issue of ease in registering. Its registration is made easier by the fact that users can simply sign in using their accounts on social media networks or create a new account on HootSuite. You can follows these steps to sign in to HootSuite after getting to the homepage:
- Twitter: Click on the ‘Sign in With Twitter’ button and another page opens. If you logged into your Twitter account on the same browser, you will be informed that the HootSuite app wishes to access your account and requested to authorize the app or cancel. Click the preferred option.
- Facebook: Click on the ‘Sign in With Facebook’ button and another page opens. If you logged into your Facebook account on the same browser, you will be informed that the HootSuite app wishes to access your account and requested to ‘Okay’ the app or cancel. Click the preferred option.
- Google: Click on the ‘Sign in With Google’ button and small window opens. If you logged into your Google account on the same browser, you will be informed that the HootSuite app wishes to access your account and requested to accept or cancel. Click the preferred option.
If you prefer to create an account on HootSuite, click the ‘Create New Account’ link beneath the social media sign in buttons. This will display a form containing just three fields; Email Address, Name and Password. Click ‘Create Account’after filling the required details.
Costs of Using HootSuite
The following are the packages available on HootSuite:
- Free: This is well suited for personal use and is free of charge. It accommodates 3 Social profiles but no team members. Basic Message scheduling is enabled while the plans provides basic enhanced analytics reports and 2 RSS feeds. It permits basic App integrations while HootSuite University is optional.
- Pro: This is well suited for businesses and starts from $8/month. It accommodates up to 100 Social profiles but has 50 included out of the box. 9 team members allowed although 1 is included. Advanced Message scheduling is enabled while the plans provides enhanced analytics report and unlimited RSS feeds. It permits basic App integrations while HootSuite University is optional. Additional features include UberVU (optional), security, vanity/custom URLs, message archiving up to 100,000 but 100 included, enhanced technical support.
- Enterprise: This is well suited for governments, corporations and organizations and pricing is arranged directly with HootSuite. It accommodates unlimited Social profiles and unlimited team members are allowed. Advanced Message scheduling is enabled while the plan provides unlimited enhanced analytics report and unlimited RSS feeds. It permits unlimited App integrations in addition to HootSuite University being included. Additional features include UberVU (optional), advanced security, optional vanity/custom URLs, unlimited message archiving, unlimited enhanced technical support, professional services, dedicated account rep, compliance integrations as well as geo-targeting.