Found In: Tools
What is Evernote?
Evernote is a way for you to make your life easier for yourself by keeping things neat and organised so that you always know where to find what it is you are looking for easily and quickly. Evernote incorporates the following features:
- Keep everything in sync: Everything that you need and use will be kept in a sensible place on every single device that you used so that you can access everything that you need to access quickly and easily.
- Remember things you like: If you see something online, be it a web page or just a picture or an idea you will be able to use Evernote to make a note of it. If you see something in real life that you are interested in you will also be able to take a photo and store that on Evernote as well.
- Save favorite web pages: With Evernote you will be able to save entire websites. And when I say ‘entire’ that is certainly what I mean. Everything will be saved including the links and images that were on the webpage. This is a great feature and means that you will be able to access everything on that webpage again easily and quickly when the need arises.
- Take notes anywhere: In this modern and age we are all constantly on the move. This means that we need to find a way to move our notes everywhere with us as well. This is where Evernote comes in. As long as you have a device of some kind with you, you will be able to transport ALL of your notes with you everywhere. This should serve to make your life a whole lot easier.
- Work with friends and colleagues: With Evernote you will easily be able to work with others on some document or product. Evernote makes it easy for you to collaborate with others on the same thing.
- Plan your next trip: If you are planning to go on a trip then Evernote may be the thing for you to keep yourself organised. Trips take a lot of planning and it is very important that you keep track of all of the plans that you make at all times. This means that you will need a place to record all of this information. Evernote is the perfect place and system to use for this.
Signing up for Evernote
Evernote is free, so you can’t lose anything by signing up for this great system. In order to sign up for Evernote you should do the following:
- Go to the Evernote webpage at www.evernote.com. If you are unable to click on the link to access the website, simply copy and paste it into your URL and press Enter. In the top right hand corner of the home page are several options. Choose the “Create an Account” option in order to continue. Then you will be even closer to having the perfect memory!
- The nest thing you will have to do is fill in the information in the form that you will then see on your screen. This information is vital in creating your email account. The fields that you will be required to fill are Full name, Email address (Your email address is needed so that the verification email can be sent to you and so that you will be able to access your account if you ever forget your password.), Username, Password (Remember that the password you choose should be something that is easy for you to remember. At the same time it should also be something that other people will not easily be able to guess. Think about this carefully.), Confirm password, and Word verification.
- Once you have provided all of the information you must click on the ‘Submit’ button to continue.
- Once you have done this you will receive an email notification at the email address that you specified during the sign up process. Click on this link. If you are unable to click on the link simply copy and paste it into the URL.
As you can tell signing up to use Evernote is quick and easy.
Tips for using Evernote effectively
There are several things you should keep in mind when it comes to using Evernote effectively. They are:
- Organize and tag your notes on the go: Because you are able to send notes from anywhere to your Evernote email account, you should be certain to tag them as you go along. This will keep things looking neat and tidy in your Evernote account.
- Find what you need even in your handwritten notes
- Import Folders can help save the day, too
- “Stack” your notebooks for better organization
- Be purposeful with your titles: When you create a title for a section in your Evernote system make sure that it is a title that you will understand when you look at it again at a later date. Also make sure that it is one that you will be able to easily find in order to use it efficiently.
- Merge ideas together
- Use Saved Searches to save time: If you save your searches you will be able to return to that same search item at a later date much more quickly than if you try to search for it again. This is a very basic function of Evernote, so you should be sure to make use of it as much as possible.
- Protect your sensitive information
- Search your Evernote notes when you search Google
- Make a point to use Evernote — don’t let it just sit there! – Don’t waste this fantastic resource. Make sure that you use it for all of the purposes that are possible with this great system. You could, for example, use Evernote to keep track of business cards, as a marketing brochure on the go, to take snapshots, for IT information, to record audio notes, and to keep bits of information you’ll need in a rush.
If you follow these tips you should have a successful Evernote experience.