Advice on Using AOL Email
Found In: Email
Important: Make Aol Mail Your Homepage.
Free eBook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Use AOL Mail
AOL email is one of the many great email services out there, and when you sign up you will have free access to the AOL website. It is also easy and simple to use. If you have been struggling with your account, some of the basics on how to use AOL email are listed below. I hope that you find them useful and that you are now able to use your email account without any trouble at all.
Steps for using AOL Email
The first step to using AOL is obviously to open an account with AOL. To this you simply need to go to free.aol.com in order to open your free account with AOL.
- Provide all of the information that AOL requires in order for you to continue with your application process. The information you will have to include is your address, phone number, and email address. This information will not be given out to anybody.
- Once you have successfully completed this information, click the Continue button in order to go on with the application process for you AOL email account.
- You will then have to create the AOL email address that you would most like to use. This will of course need to be unique. Your email address will automatically end with aol.com, and you can choose an address that is longer than 3 characters, but shorter than 16 (excluding the aol.com tag). In this email address you will be able to use both numbers and letters.
- As with practically everything else that you have created account for in the past on the internet, you will then have select a password. This password needs to be between 6 and 8 characters long and once again you will be able to use both letter and numbers in this password. You will have to type the password twice in order to confirm it.
- The next thing that you will have to do is agree to the service terms. It is a good idea to actually read these terms before clicking ‘Agree’, not because there is likely to be anything dodgy that is hidden in the terms, but rather because it is good practice and a good habit to have when agreeing to the terms of anything.
- You will then have to select the credit card you plan to pay for the service with. Once the payment has gone through your AOL email account will then be activated and you will be able to start using this fantastic email service.
Once you have activated your AOL email account you will then be in a position to start using it. The first thing you will then have to do is sign in to your email account. There are several ways to do this. One is directly from the homepage of AOL. Here are the basic steps you can follow in order to achieve this: